2010/09/12

Summer just ended. And it came back ASAP.

I decided to not comment on every single show like the last season, cause it's such a hard work and you probably fell asleep while reading my describing lines. So, I'll choose the most and truly eye-catching collections, because there are designers (unforunately) who don't have enough imagination to create something notable. Exaple below. I'm sorry, Adam Lippes, but we have seen something like this a million times.

ADAM Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear
ADAM

Then I wonder, who will buy all these pieces shown on the runway for such high prices? Alright, they are made by high quality fabrics and created by hand, but I think you understand what I mean.

Here come the interesting collections so far:

Gary Graham and Suno - Teen world


Both designers' creations are cute and the mixed patterns look fab together. Look at the shoes - Graham's button-up ankle boots match perfectly with the long layered and loose-fitting shapes. Somehow I'm really into berry-shaded leather. Suno's sandals are not my style (those straight platforms freak me out), but the comfortable outfits are lovely. That blazer looks great with the large checkered scarf and the laser-cut dress is to die for.

Jason Wu and Z spoke by Zac Posen - Féminism


Wu's catwalk was ruled by classic styles as always. Nude and navy look wonderful together on that dress, I think I should get something in those shades for myself too... and it seems that bows 'n flowers are still alive. Posen's new line = perfect cuteness. It's like the infusion of Marc by Marc Jacobs and Sonia Rykiel. I need that yellow silk plaid dress. In my opinion yellow is the new pink!

Michael Angel and Juan Carlos Obando - Avant garde perfection


I've always loved curles and smooth motives set out by sequins and glitters - Angel did them well. I wish I could see some details... Obando's dress in the middle reminds me of Nicholas Kirkwood's shoes created for Rodarte. Remember them? Fab collection by the way.

More runway looks:


From left ro right: Julian Louie, BCBG, Frank Tell, United Bamboo, Ohne Titel, Doo.Ri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hits